Saturday, November 26, 2016

The Need to Know

As a pastor I recognize that the Christmas Season is first of all a fun time in the church. People running here and there trying to get decorations up; inside and outside of the church. It can be very easy to miss the mark when t comes to the reason for the season. 
Tomorrow we begin the Advent Season and it is very important that in my attitude and my preaching I don't miss the mark. Isaiah 2:2 says, "In days
to come the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established as the highest of the mountains, and shall be raised above the hills; all nations shall stream to it." It is my goal and full intention to preach and live out this season so that all peoples will recognize Jesus as Lord of all. I ask that while reading this blog join me in praying this prayer. Father, during this season that we recognize as the birth of Jesus, we who believe ask that Your Spirit be poured out over the world that millions would come to know You, that they may have a true spirit of Christmas. Amen! 
 Verse 3 tells us that many will come to the mountain of the Lord for instruction. We must come to the Lord and kneel before Him giving Him our attention so that he can teach us his ways. The world doesn't want to bow before the Lord and give Him their attention. They feel they are doing just fine by being their own master. "No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money" (Matthew 6:24). 
So to those who say they know Jesus Matthew 6:24 should help you to see that you have two masters because you cannot seem to give to God that which He has called to to give. Those things would be money, time, talents, and gifts. I am also guilty of these things and so I write this blog knowing that I must recognize my faults if I am to lead God's people towards the vision which I have received. 
Many are praying for me and I ask you to continue to pray because the spirit is willing but the mind and body are weak. The sins of this world blur the vision and so I pray daily for a clean spirit that can find room at the feet of the Father. It is not enough that we know we can and will be forgiven because without each other to encourage we will all begin to serve the wrong master.
Verse 4 tells us that the mountain will judge, "He shall judge between the nations, and shall arbitrate for many peoples; they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more" (Isaiah 2:4). Only when we turn to the mountain of the Lord and give Him all of ourselves will peace on earth and good will be established.
I pray for my congregation, for my town, for my nation, and for the world that peace will reign and joy be abundant for all. May we all see the face of Jesus in the eyes of our neighbor. May we all be like brothers and sisters; loving and caring for each other. Amen!ktumc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment